Thailand & Philippines Escape
Discover the most beautiful beaches on Earth
Book now for £199
Group Size: Max 22
Trip code: TPES
Duration: 35 days or more
Calling all beach bums – this is the trip of your dreams! We’re talking sugar-white sands, turquoise seas, gently swaying palm trees, and a hammock with your name on it! Live the castaway experience on remote desert islands in Daracotan, snorkel with sea turtles in Moalboal, take a speedboat to Phi Phi Le, go paraw sailing in Boracay, and party the night away with the sand between your toeson Thailand’s most famous party isle – Koh Phangan. It’s not just eat, sleep, beach, repeat, either. You’ll go trekking through hill tribe villages and meet elephants in northern Thailand, unleash your inner ninja with a Muay Thai session, spend a night in a floating lake-house, learn how to cook traditional Filipino food, and fly through the air on a jungle zipline! A mash up of two of our most popular trips, it’s an adventure you’ll never forget.
- Spend a night in an authentic hill tribe village near Chiang Mai and visit an elephant sanctuary
- Travel south to the stunning, secret landscape of Khao Sok National Park and stay in unique floating bungalows
- Enjoy a traditional Thai massage, learn Muay Thai and get your downward dog on with some beach yoga on the party island of Koh Phangan
- Swim with a vast shoal of fish on the famous Moalboal sardine run
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a high-octane canyoneering experience at Kawasan Falls
- Enjoy a 2 day castaway experience on the untouched tropical island of Daracotan
Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok! Meet one of the local team members at the airportand transfer to our central guesthouse accommodation in Bangkok. Get to know your group over a few beers and get excited together about your whirlwind Thai tour!
Days 2 - 3: Bangkok & overnight train. Take a relaxing boat ride down the river, visit the city’s most majestic temples, take a tuktuk ride back through the buzz of Bangkok, whip up some tasty treats at a Thai cooking class and party on the city’s neon lit streets after dark! On day 3, board an overnight train south to Khao Sok.
Day 4: Khao Sok National Park. Take a long-tail boat ride through stunning Khao Sok National Park and enjoy adventure activities such as tubing, sea kayaking and monkey-spotting. We’ll spend tonight in unique floating bungalows on an idyllic lake.
Days 5 - 8: Koh Phangan. Travel to the infamous party island of Koh Phangan where you’ll relax on sugar-white beaches, get pampered with a traditional Thai massage, take a boat trip round the islands with swimming and snorkelling, join a Muay Thai lesson or yoga session, and enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner under the stars.
Days 9 - 12: Koh Phi Phi and Phuket. You’ve been great Phangan but we’re off to Phi Phi for more island fun! Take two magical boat rides around the remote paradise islands off Phi Phi, including Phi Phi Le (AKA Leo’s beach), hike to an epic viewpoint, and party under the stars. On the afternoon of day day 12, you will travel by boat to our amazing hotel in Phuket. Spend the evening sipping cocktails at the poolside bar.
There is a possibility we may not be able to enter right into Maya Bay at certain times of the year due to government closures.
Days 13 - 14: Chiang Mai. Say goodbye to Thailand’s beautiful islands and head north to Chiang Mai. On day 14, discover the breathtaking Doi Suthep Temple before we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at a local fish farm. After our feast, get ready for the incredible ‘sticky’ waterfalls!
Day 15: Jungle trek & hill tribe. We’ll spend today trekking through the most incredible landscapes, to a hill tribe village where we’ll experience the customs and traditional ways of life lived by people in the area.
Day 16: Bamboo rafting & Chiang Mai. Wake up with the sounds of the jungle in your ears. We’ll journey back to Chiang Mai with some more trekking and some traditional bamboo river rafting. This evening, enjoy Chiang Mai’s lively nightlife.
Day 17: Elephant sanctuary. Pay a visit to an ethical elephant sanctuary today where we’ll learn all about the animals, the history of elephants in Thailand, and their connection to rural communities, as well as getting up close with the eles themselves – just amazing.
Day 18: Trip end. Your unforgettable Thai adventure comes to an end today. Head back to Bangkok ready to travel on to the beautiful Philippines!
Moon Parties in Koh Phangan
Visit Koh Phangan at the right time and you can experience the legendary moon parties, like the Full Moon Party. Check out our guides and make sure they line up with your travel dates or speak to one of our expert travel advisors for help:
Philippines Paradise Islands
Day 1: Manila. Welcome to the Philippines! One of our local team will be waiting at the airport to whisk you off to our starting accommodation. Meet your guide and new travel family later today before heading out for a group dinner and a night out in Makati.
Days 2 - 3: Port Barton, Palawan. Take the short flight to Palawan (AKA Paradise on Earth). Our destination is the sleepy fishing town of Port Barton. Enjoy an authentic Filipino lunch with the locals and take an island-hopping adventure on a longtail boat (we’re talking turquoise waters, vibrantly coloured reefs and turtles!)
Day 4 - 5: El Nido. All crystal-clear lagoons, white beaches, soaring limestone cliffs and pristine coral reefs, El Nido is easily one of the best beach destinations on Earth. On day 5 we’re boarding traditional banca boats for a day of jumping into the sparkling water, kayaking around untouched bays, and snorkelling over thriving coral reefs, with a local lunch along the way – wow!
Days 6 - 7: Ziplining & Daracotan Island. Day 6 starts with an exhilarating beach zip-line experience. Then spend the afternoon at Nacpan Beach before heading to Daracotan Island for an incredible 2 night castaway experience. We’ll sail to some local shipwrecks to snorkel, take part in a beach clean and enjoy a cooking class on the beach.
Days 8 - 9: Coron. Soak up your last few hours on Daracotan before we hop on the ferry to Coron, known for its limestone landscapes, freshwater lakes, and shallow-water coral reefs. Take a boat trip round the islands around Coron, visiting some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and party under the stars all night.
Day 10: Cebu. We’re jetting off to our next destination on a short flight today – Cebu, the
capital and largest city in the Philippines. Kick back in the hotel, upload some pics from the last few days and hang with your travel buddies.
Days 11 - 13: Moalboal. We’re headed to the tiny coastal town of Moalboal today. But first we’ll enjoy a lechon style lunch with the locals and visit the spectacular Simala Church. On day 12, we’ve got some more island hopping in store, before hitting the famous Moalboal sardine run. Day 13 is one for the adrenaline junkies with a white-knuckle canyoneering experience.
Days 14 - 16: Boracay. Next up it’s beautiful Boracay, famed for its pristine white beaches, thrilling water activities and great nightlife. Go paraw sailing, visit three beautiful islands on an island hopping tour, enjoy a yummy local lunch and round off with a farewell dinner and dancing under the stars.
Day 17: Trip end. All good things must come to an end and we’re packing our bags and checking out before heading back to the airport. Your guide can help get you back to Caticlan. Better get planning the next trip on the way!
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
Online booking is unavailable for this tripOnline booking isn't currently available but if you'd like to enquire please use the form below. Alternatively if you'd like to discuss alternate trips or if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Most expensive: £1,456 December, 2023
You should arrange your arrival into Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) on day 1. An airport meet and greet and transfer to your accommodation is included. You can arrive in advance of the start date and still take up the inclusive transfer if you book an extra night's accommodation through us. If you wish to arrive before the start date then please let us know this in advance.
This leg of the tour ends on day 18 in Chiang Mai. A return transfer back to Bangkok is not included. Your tour leader can help you organise onward travel at your own cost. The quickest option is to fly, but trains and buses are frequent and more budget friendly. You’ll need to make your own way from Bangkok to Manila in the Philippines for the start of the Philippines Paradise Islands tour.
Fly into Manila Airport (MNL) on day 1 of your trip, where one of the local team will be waiting to pick you up and take you to your starting accommodation.
The trip ends on day 17 in Boracay. The nearest airport is the Godofredo P. Ramos Airport in Caticlan (MPH), which is a quick ten-minute boat ride away and caters to flights to and from Manila and Cebu. You’ll need to make your own way to the airport, but your tour guide can help arrange transfers.
17 nights’ accommodation is included as part of the Thai Intro tour. Rooms vary from twin-share or double to triple or quadruple occupancy.
- Bangkok (2 nights): in a comfortable and smart guesthouse in Bangkok, located near to the legendary Khao San Road. The guesthouse has good quality rooms, an in-house restaurant and bar, safe lockers, an internet café, and air conditioning.
- Overnight train (1 night): travelling from Bangkok to south Thailand, sleeping in shared carriages.
- Khao Sok National Park (1 night): unique floating bungalows, located on a stunning lake in the unspoilt paradise of the Park.
- Koh Phangan (4 nights): in a beautiful, private beach resort on Koh Phangan, in a sensational beach setting, with an infinity pool, safe lockers and access to some of the island’s best beach parties.
- Koh Phi Phi (3 nights): beautiful accommodation in a central location with en suite bathrooms, swimming pool and bar.
- Phuket (1 night): 4* hotel with 2 pools and a short stroll from the beach
- Chiang Mai (4 nights): traditional hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai with gardens and terrace.
- Hill tribe stay (1 night): basic but unique hut in the jungle with multi-share rooms and shared bathrooms.
Please note: If you wish to arrive in Bangkok before the start date, we will book you into the guesthouse in Bangkok for extra nights at your request (extra cost). If you’d like to extend your stay once the trip ends, this can be booked locally once you are at the accommodation.
16 nights’ accommodation are included on this trip. You’ll be staying in twin-share rooms in hotels and beach bungalows.
- Manila (1 night): Centrally located accommodation with air-conditioned rooms with views of the city and a rooftop bar, close to malls, the Salcedo Saturday Market and loads of restaurants and bars.
- Port Barton (2 nights): Sustainable cottages on the beachfront with a balcony with amazing views of the sea and a great restaurant specialising in local food and cocktails.
- El Nido (2 nights): Gorgeous hotel 1-minute walk from the beach, with private bathrooms and a relaxed communal terrace.
- Daracotan Island (2 nights): Castaway experience in a traditional Filipino beach hut on a tropical island.
- Coron (2 nights): Hotel based near to lots of nice restaurants and dive shops with air conditioning and amazing sunset views.
- Cebu (1 night): Centrally located hotel close to Mactan Airport with loads of restaurants nearby, and air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms.
- Moalboal (3 nights): 3-star hotel in Moalboal with bar, restaurant, outdoor swimming pool and garden, close to Panagsama Beach and with a private beach of its very own!
- Boracay (3 nights): 4-star sustainable resort just 0.5km from Boracay's famous White Beach, withrooms with TV and private bathrooms, two pools and an on-site bar.
Please note the above is a guide only and accommodation may change.
- Thailand: 7 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 4 dinners
- Philippines: 14 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 2 dinners
Please let us know at the time of booking about any dietary requirements you may have.
This trip is designed for travellers aged 18-39.
- Thailand: British passport holders arriving by air or land can enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa (a ‘visa exemption’). Your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining from your date of entry into Thailand.
- Philippines: UK passport holders are permitted to enter the Philippines visa free for an initial period of 30 days.Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry to the Philippines.
Please note: Visa rules are subject to change. Please check for the most up to date information before you travel.