Travel Bucket List
If you’re anything like us, you’ll have a travel Bucket List as long as your arm. A set of dream destinations, from Petra and the Pyramids to Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon.
A bucket list isn’t just about destinations, it’s about moments too. Those do-before-you-die experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Whether that’s watching the sunrise over Angkor Wat, swimming with sharks on the Barrier Reef, or cycling over the Golden Gate Bridge.
It's a big old world out there, and you've only got one life to see it all in.
Check out our trips below, or read more about ...bucket list tickers »
We're a helpful lot at Gap 360, so we've compiled a list of 25 of the most fantabulous, do-before-you-die travel experiences to help you decide what's next on your Bucket List...
- Drive Route 66 - For a real slice of Americana, wind the top down and take on this legendary route with its roadside diners, classic Mustangs and vintage motels.
- Go on safari in the Serengeti - See the 'big five' in this pristine national park. Watch in wonder as herds of elephants roam the plains and lions tussle in the savannah grasses.
- Go wild at a Full Moon Party - Dance on the beach 'til the sun comes up on Koh Phangan, Thailand. With the biggest and best sound systems, it's the ultimate destination for party-lovers.
- Cage dive with sharks in South Africa - Feel the adrenaline kick in as you lock eyes with a great white. There's no better way to see these prehistoric monsters up close.
- Swing in Bali - These are the most Instagrammed swings on the planet, and for good reason. Soaring over palm-lined valleys, they guarantee epic pics.
- Hike the Inca trail to Machu Pichu - Blanketed in mist and surrounded by soaring green mountains, Machu Pichu never disappoints. Stand at the top and feel the weight of history.
- Watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat - It's every bit as magical as you'd imagine, with the sky streaked orange and red behind and the spectacular temple reflected in the lake.
- Rio Carnival - It's the greatest show on Earth! The streets rock to sultry samba beats for 4 days straight, and millions gather for the parade - a breath-taking explosion of bronzed skin, colour and sequins.
- Learn to Dive on the Great Barrier Reef - A true natural wonder, the Barrier Reef is a jaw-dropping symphony of colour and the best place in the world to get your PADI.
- Skydive in Queenstown - Nowhere does adrenaline sports like New Zealand. The thrill of free-falling from 15,000 feet is one of the most life-affirming things you can do.
- Camp at Uluru (Ayres Rock) - Sleeping at the foot of this sacred landmark, is a timeless experience. From a swag, the night sky is more brilliant than you could've ever imagined.
- Interrail round Europe- Total freedom to explore the food, culture and history of the most diverse continent on Earth - what's not to like?
- Cash in your chips in Vegas - It's brash, loud and over-the-top and we love it! Hit the tables, before watching an A-list casino resident put on a razzle-dazzle show.
- Rock the Grand Canyon - Nothing can quite prepare you for the scale of the Grand Canyon. Its size and grandeur make for a humbling experience.
- See the cherry blossom in Kyoto - Spring in Kyoto is a special time as the streets froth with pink blossom and its scent fills the air. Don't forget your camera!
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge - It's a hair-rising ascent but you'll be more than rewarded by the awe-inspiring views over the city and harbour.
- Celebrate Songkran in Thailand - for 3 days the entire country grinds to a halt as people soak each other with water pistols and buckets. Turn up in swimwear and wrap your cash in plastic to join the fun!
- Hang with the orang-utans in Borneo - Orang-utan translates as 'man of the jungle' in Malay, and looking into the gentle eyes of these great apes gives you a real sense of how closely we're related.
- Find the 'Lost City' of Petra - Rose-coloured Petra is bewitchingly beautiful. Hidden by the desert sands for centuries, she's still revealing her mysteries.
- Celebrate Holi in India - The festival is like nothing you've ever seen! A happy, high energy occasion, revellers throw rainbow powder into the air, coating everybody in a blanket of colour.
- Sail Ha Long Bay on a traditional junk boat- Cruise through the emerald waters, past soaring limestone karsts, dripping with jungle.
- Watch the Northern Lights in Iceland - It's one of nature's greatest displays. Marvel as the sky lights up with shifting rainbow bands, like a giant lava lamp.
- Float in the Dead Sea in Jordan - 'Swimming' in the Dead Sea is a totally unique experience - the water is so salty that everything floats to the surface - you can literally lie on it like a bed!
- See the sun go down over Santorini- The most romantic of Greek islands, the slopes of Santorini are peppered with sugar-cube houses and the sunsets are the best in the Med.
- Camp out on the Great Wall of China - Snaking 6,000km across the country, the Great Wall it's a monument to man's ingenuity. Spend the night on one of the less trodden sections and take in spectacular views in all directions.
Southeast Asia Adventure
31 or 33 days from £1,5794.5 23
USA West Coast Adventure
11 days from
Absolute Oz Jobs
Up to 12 months from4.5 42
A perfect way to get your Working Holiday off to a great start!Aged 18-30? Expect to earn £10 to £15 an hour with paid work in Oz! Start with 8 days of fun in Sydney plus 12 months of expert job offers, advice and support - awesome!
Central American Journey
32 days from £1,8494.5 8
Visit seven countries on this exciting adventureExperience a 32-day Central American odyssey exploring 7 incredible countries, including Guatemala, Costa Rica and Belize. See Mayan ruins, crystal clear oceans and breathtaking scenery!
The South African Adventure
12 days from £1,799
13 days from £1,9995.0 14
6 days from
Explore the best of Iceland's natural beautyExplore the 'Land of Fire and Ice' on this epic 6 day group adventure. Hit all the highlights including the Golden Circle, glaciers, volcanoes and much more!
13 days from £1,799
Mexico City to Playa del Carmen, and everything in between!Hola amigos. Ready to spice up your life? This tour of magical Mexico takes you to all the hottest spots from the best beaches and the most beautiful waterfalls to the most impressive cultural sites and most vibrant cities.
12 or 21 days from
Epic LA to Miami road trip across the Deep South!Los Angeles, the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, Miami. This trip is non-stop iconic. Choose between 12 or 21 unforgettable days on the road.
New York to San Francisco Adventure
21 days from £3,669
Your Recently Viewed Trips