West Coast USA Campervan Hire
Take an all-American road trip on the wild west coast USA!
Book now for £199
Daily rates from
Group Size: Campervans 2-5
Trip code: WCCH
Duration: 5 days to 6 months
Campfires, starry skies and the freedom of the open road - America was made for road trips. Take one of our spacious campers down the beautiful West Coast for the adventure of a lifetime. Pick up or drop off in sun-soaked LA, glitzy Vegas or boho San Fran. With unlimited mileage and all your accommodation and transport sorted, all you’ve got to do is show up and have the time of your life! Let’s hit the road!
- Pick up in LA, Vegas and San Francisco
- Spacious, reliable and functional vehicles with three different sizes available
- Discounted campgrounds
- Unlimited mileage, 24-hour roadside recovery and basic insurance included
Driving a campervan is the ultimate way to explore the beautiful West Coast of America. Go where you want, when you want, and bring your accommodation with you!
We have three different vehicles for hire: minivan, Hi-top campervan and Kuga campervan. All vehicles are spacious and comfortable and you’ll find yourself getting quite attached to them by the end of your trip! The campervans come with fully equipped kitchens and eating and sleeping areas. There’s an optional living equipment pack with the minivan that includes a two-man tent and basic kitchen equipment, but these are not included as standard.
- Minivan / station wagon (Dodge Grand Caravan): Ideal for couples or groups, our minivans feature lots of space for luggage and come with the option of a tent for sleeping in. Cooking gear isn’t installed as standard but can be hired.
- Hi-Top Campervan (Chevrolet Express): The Hi-Top is the perfect option for travellers on a budget. With a full kitchenette and sleeping space for 2 – 3 people it’s great for couples or friends travelling together.
- Kuga Campervan (Chevrolet Express): The Kuga is a the most popular option for travellers! It has all the benefits of the Hi-Top including full kitchenette, but it also has a newer fit-out and solar panels to recharge your lights and fridge constantly (the Hi-Top battery will only recharge while you’re driving or parked at a powered campsite).
There’s no restriction on mileage so you can drive as far as you like! The best thing about free unlimited miles is that you don’t need to pre-organise your exact route – you can just go where the wind takes you, and explore as much as the USA as you like!
Collection and drop off locations
We have depots in LA, Vegas and San Francisco, so you can either do a round trip, or pick up in one location and drop off in another!
- LA. With golden beaches, buzzing nightlife, Hollywood, major movie studios and wall to wall sunshine, La La Land is a hell of a place to kick off a trip! Campgrounds are scarce in the city centre but travel a little further out to Malibu and the LA basin and you’ll find plenty, including some right on the beach.
- Las Vegas. There’s nowhere quite like Vegas. Home of blockbuster casinos, Elvis impersonators, marriage chapels, A-list shows and a replica Venice, complete with canals and gondoliers, it’s a ‘must see’ on your road trip. What’s more, there’s loads of cheap or even free parking for campers!
- San Francisco. The most bohemian of cities, The City by the Bay is California’s counter-cultural heart. With its iconic cable cars, Victorian houses, booming café culture and resident population of sea-lions, it’s a memorable place to spend a few days (or weeks). San Fran is a great city for camping with lots of beautiful spots scattered throughout the bay area.
Insurance, breakdowns & drivers
Standard insurance is included and there are upgrade options if you want complete peace of mind for your trip. You’ve also got 24-hour roadside assistance included. Extra drivers are completely free!
Cheapest flights between London and Los Angeles for the next 6 months
Most expensive: £891 July, 2023
You can arrange to collect your campervan from our depots in LA, Las Vegas or San Francisco. You will need to make your own way to your collection point.
Our LA depot is Close to LAX airport and is easily reached by taxi after you land. If you’re coming from the city centre, we’re about 25 minutes away by taxi.
If you choose to pick up from Vegas, our depot is an easy taxi ride from McCarran International Airport and about 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Vegas.
Our San Francisco depot is around 25 minutes by taxi from San Francisco International Airport or 30 – 40 minutes from downtown. Please note: All journey times quoted are dependent on traffic.
You can return your campervan to the same centre you picked it up from or one of the others if you wish. Please make sure you are returning your campervan in the same condition you collected it in.
Travelling by campervan means your accommodation and transport are all included, so you'll never need to worry about finding somewhere to book at short notice, or have to work out how to get there! Our Hitop and Kuga campervans seat and sleep 2 – 3 people (1 double / 1 single bed) and our minivan seats 2 – 5 and comes with the option to hire a 2-man tent to provide sleeping quarters.
The Hitop and the Kuga come with a full kitchenette, consisting of fridge, gas cooker, microwave & sink so you can cook your own meals if you wish. A living equipment package, including pots, pans, cutlery and more, is available to hire at an additional cost of around $45 per rental.
In order to hire and drive a campervan you must be over 21 years old and have a full valid driving license.
You will also need need to have a credit card (a debit card cannot be accepted) which will be left on file at the depot when you collect the campervan. A deposit won't be taken from the card, and you'll only be charged if there is any damage to the van when you return it. If you have purchased the additional insurance then this won't be the case.
British Nationals visiting the USA will be able to travel (for tourism purposes) under the US Visa Waiver Programme for durations of up to 90 days. All travellers going to the United States will have to complete the ESTA form online for authorisation under the Visa Waiver Programme. Please note that visa rules and regulations are subject to change. Please check the relevant embassy websites for the most up to date visa information.
This trip is designed with your safety and wellbeing in mind. As a result of Covid-19, many of our suppliers and partners around the world are introducing new policies and procedures surrounding health and safety in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. As the state of travel is evolving these new safety measures will adapt over time, and will be different for each trip. Here are some of the changes you may see on your trip:
Arrival safety meetings
Most trips have an arrival meeting on the first day where the guide or local team will run through the trip, the safety protocols, and to answer any questions you may have. Now more than ever it is important you arrive in time for these meetings.
Proof of vaccination or negative covid test
For the safety of all travellers, at the start of some trips you may be required to show evidence that you are fully vaccinated (14 days after your second dose) and/or show evidence of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the tour start date in order to join the programme.
Updated hygiene and safety procedures
Our suppliers and partners have health and safety procedures in place on all of our trips. These protocols will be updated and adapted as a response to the Coronavirus outbreak, dependent on local restrictions and laws.
Transport and accommodation choices
Our suppliers and partners choose the accommodation and transport on our trips very carefully, and you may see a change to what would normally be used as a response to the outbreak. This may involve such changes as enhanced use of private transport or quieter accommodation.
Trained and knowledgeable staff
Our staff in the UK are trained to help you with your trip before you depart and answer any questions you may have. In addition, the local team and guides on our trips are there to help with any health and safety concerns and to ensure our trips run safely and smoothly.
Reduced group sizes
Some trips will run with reduced group sizes to start with. You may find that trips are more intimate and chilled, whilst still being packed with fun and adventure.
Your guide or the local team will be on hand to help you seek medical attention should you require it during your trip. As medical facilities and standards can vary around the world, you should ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place before you depart to cover you for any medical emergencies.
24/7 emergency support
We operate an emergency phone line for our travellers abroad. This is operated by a UK based member of staff 24/7 if you have a genuine emergency or urgent matter that you need attending.
It is important that you take measures to make travelling safer for yourself and others around you. Ensure you frequently wash your hands, cover your face when you sneeze and cough, bring and use your own hand sanitiser and facial coverings/masks, and enable social distancing where necessary. You should also ensure you listen to the instructions and guidance of the local team at all times, and follow all local laws and restrictions.