beach ball in pool

Visa Advice

Making sure that you have the right visas in place is an essential part of your gap travel plans. Visas are necessary documents which give you permission to enter and stay in a particular destination for a period of time.

Do you need a visa?

Many countries require that you get a visa in advance of travel, whereas other destinations will issue you with a visa on arrival at the airport or land border.

What about working visas?

If you intend to do paid work abroad on your gap year, then you will usually be required to get a work visa in place before you leave the UK. Working visa regulations vary, so please check individual country visa information or our individual work abroad programmes for details. We are accredited Aussie specialists so we are a great chioce to apply for your working holiday visa for Australia



In order to get a visa, please make sure that your passport has plenty of blank pages and that it is valid for at least six months after your intended date of return.

Get FCDO travel advice

We always recommend that you check the latest visa requirements and travel advice on the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).

Visa requirements

Visa requirements vary from country to country, and you should always ensure that you have checked the up-to-date visa regulations well in advance of travel. Check with the relevant country's embassies or consulates for detailed visa advice about each destination. You should do this well in advance of departure, in case you need to apply for a visa before you go. Entry regulations are subject to frequent change so check each country's visa rules carefully.

Your Visa Specialists

If you are seeking general advice on travel documents, or looking for a service to help support your application for visas to travel abroad, we had teamed up with and recommend the experts over at The Travel Visa Company

Gap 360 can advise on the requirements for each of our trips and we are Aussie Specialists who can apply for your Australia Working Holiday Visa for you, but for up-to-date information on what is required for entering into other countries, and to apply for the visa you will need to travel, please take a look at their website.. 

Check your visa/entry requirements

Browse over 200 trips and 50 locations from the comfort of your own home! Send me a FREE brochure!