American Road Trip: My Top Ten Moments
By Gap 360
Last updated: 25th August 2017
I’ve just got back from an incredible road trip adventure in America. Travelling from coast to coast, I saw and experienced some amazing things! Here are my top ten moments from this unforgettable trip!
- Slowride bar crawl through the gorgeous streets of Savannah, GA, in the most torrential rain I’ve ever seen.
- Falling head over heels (luckily not literally) for Washington DC, as we sped past on a fleet of segways.
- Celebrating 4th July US-style, with fireworks, food and late-night swimming on Miami Beach!
- A magical tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – wands at the ready!
- Amazing local food, including beignets at Cafe du Monde, and brilliantly-named ‘chicken fried chicken’, both in gorgeous New Orleans.
- Plunging into a gorgeous, crystal clear natural pool at Barton Springs, in Austin, Texas.
- Every moment spent overlooking the orange sands and rock formations of Monument Valley, then getting to bounce through it in a Jeep, for a journey through fascinating Native American land and culture.
- Visiting the grandest of Canyons, for a hike down and back up, followed by a rewarding slice of apple pie at one of the park’s restaurants.
- Spraying Cadillacs at Cadillac Ranch (paint included!!)
- Getting my first taste of a casino at the desert powerhouse that is Las Vegas, and realizing that this is one city that never, ever sleeps!
Fancy your own American adventure? Check out our Great American Road Trip and tick off each of these top ten moments for yourself!