Epic East Coast
Non-stop bucket list moments on Australia's stunning East Coast
Book now for £49
Group Size: Max 22
Trip code: AUEE
Duration: 28 days
If you’re looking for the adventure of a lifetime, you just found it! This unforgettable group tour is wall-to-wall sunshine, surf, and bucket-list moments. Kick off in vibrant Sydney with some big nights out and iconic sights, learn to surf like a real Aussie in Byron Bay, carve up the sand dunes on K'gari in your 4x4, cruise through paradise in the Whitsundays, see cute koalas in their natural habitat on Magnetic Island, and work as a marine biologist for the day with a very special snorkelling experience on the one-and-only Great Barrier Reef. With a ready-made group of mates, and an experienced tour leader as well, there’s no better way to do Australia’s epic East Coast.
If you’re looking to do a Working Holiday in Australia, you can add on our amazing jobs package! You’ll receive local job support the whole time you’re in Australia and access to our huge job board
- Become a marine biologist for the day with a conservation and snorkelling experience on the Great Barrier Reef
- Explore mammoth sand dunes by day and camp under the stars by night on K'gari
- Learn to surf like a real Aussie in beautiful Byron Bay
- Discover some of the most beautiful places on Earth on a 2-day Whitsundays sailing trip
- Visit Sydney’s Opera House and Harbour Bridge and sample its lively nightlife after dark
- Spot koalas and wallabies on magical Magnetic Island
Days 1 – 3: Sydney. G’day mate and welcome to Sydney! Spend the next two days exploring the highlights of this stunning harbour city, from Bondi and the iconic Opera House to the Harbour Bridge and Manly - there is lots to explore. Get ready to go wild after dark – Sydney knows how to party!
Days 4 – 6: Byron Bay. Head up the coast to the laid-back surf town of Byron Bay for stunning sandy beaches, a bohemian vibe, and a buzzing café scene. Spend the next three days enjoying morning yoga lessons, a sunrise walk to Cape Byron Lighthouse and a surf session with some local pros – gnarly!
Days 7 – 8: Surfers Paradise. Our journey up the coast continues to the iconic Gold Coast town of Surfers Paradise. Take a tour of the city’s highlights (we’re talking beautiful beaches, big rollers, and a high-rise skyline), paddleboard along the coastline, and party once the sun goes down.
Days 9 – 10: Brisbane. We’re headed to the capital of the Sunshine State next. Pay a visit to ‘The Lagoon’, enjoy some urban thrills with some inner-city rock-climbing, and enjoy an awesome evening up Mount Coot-tha with a sunset BBQ and views to die for.
Days 11 – 15: Noosa and K'gari. Our next stop is one of Australia’s fave resort towns where we’ll jump off to the stunning K'gari! Spend 3 days and 2 nights driving 4x4s over sand dunes, swimming in sparkly lakes, snapping scenic shipwrecks and chilling under the stars.
Days 16 – 20: Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays. Head to lively Airlie Beach before boarding our live-aboard boat to the incomparable Whitsunday Islands where you’ll snorkel over pristine reefs, try stand-up paddleboarding and explore the famous Whitehaven Beach – this is living!
Days 21 – 22: Magnetic Island. Another day, another paradise island as we hop on the ferry to Magnetic Island. We’ll stay in beachfront huts, where we’ll bliss out on hidden beaches, go koala spotting, and do the historic Forts Walk.
Days 23 – 24: Mission Beach. Travel to the laidback coastal town of Mission Beach for abundant marine life, white sand beaches and tons of adrenaline sports. If you’re an adrenaline junky, skydive over the Barrier Reef or take on the white-water rapids of the Tully River – awesome!
Days 25 – 27: Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. Our final destination on this incredible tour of the East Coast is Cairns. Visit the unspoilt landscape of the Atherton Tablelands, spend an unforgettable day on the Great Barrier Reef and round off your trip with a farewell dinner and drinks.
Day 28: Trip end. Pack your bags and say your goodbyes – it’s time to head home or to continue your travels in Australia. See you soon!
Want to work in Australia?
Add on our jobs package by selecting the "plus work" option to secure a job in Australia with ease. Your group leader will prepare you with a ‘Work in Oz’ presentation and provide one-to-one support on your CV and interview skills. We’ll set up your Aussie bank account, SIM card and Tax file number, as well as help you find accommodation to make your life Down Under as perfect as you’ve been dreaming about. You’ll receive local job support from the experts the whole time you’re in Australia, including unlimited access to our comprehensive job board and assistance booking training courses required for specific jobs. Living and working in Oz has never been easier!
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
Online booking is unavailable for this tripOnline booking isn't currently available but if you'd like to enquire please use the form below. Alternatively if you'd like to discuss alternate trips or if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Most expensive: £1,239 December, 2023
Arrive in Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport (SYD) on day 1 of your trip. There are no activities planned on day 1 so arrive at a time that suits you. You will receive an airport shuttle transfer to the starting accommodation. If you arrive in Sydney before your start date, we can still organise your airport transfer and book you into the hostel from the day you arrive at an extra cost.
Your trip ends on day 28 in Cairns. You’ll need to arrange any onward travel or return airport transfers yourself although your tour guide can help you book this. Cairns International Airport (CNS) is the nearest airport and taxi is by far the easiest way to get there, taking around 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
27 nights' accommodation are included on this trip. You'll stay in multi-share rooms in a mix of hostels, resorts, campsites, and boats. Please note the list of accomodation below is subject to change.
- Nomads Hostel Sydney (2 nights): Popular hostel in the centre of Sydney with a vibrant bar, multi-share rooms, ensuite, Wi-Fi, shared kitchen, dining area & laundry
- Overnight bus (2 nights): Comfy bus with air con and toilet on board
- Wake Up Hostel Byron Bay (3 nights): On-trend hostel close to the beach with multi-share rooms, shared bathrooms, Wi-Fi, air con, laundry, and free bike hire
- Budd's Surfers, Surfers Paradise (2 nights): Lively hostel in the heart of the Gold Coast with swimming pool, shared bathrooms Wi-Fi, air con and laundry
- Bunk Hostel Brisbane (2 nights): Centrally located hostel close to all the nightlife with ensuite, Wi-Fi, air con, laundry, shared kitchen and dining area
- Nomads Hostel Noosa (2 nights): Friendly hostel in the centre of Noosa with buzzing bar, shared bathrooms, Wi-Fi, air con and laundry
- Camping K'gari (2 nights): Unforgettable stay under the stars on the largest sand island in the world in shared tents with shared bathrooms
- Base Hostel Airlie Beach (2 nights): Tropical feel hostel with swimming pool, bar and restaurant, ensuite, Wi-Fi, air con and laundry
- Whitsundays live-aboard boat (2 nights): Premium boat with waterslides on board, shared bathrooms, and air con
- Base Hostel Magnetic Island (2 nights): Beachside hostel with island bar, shared bathrooms, WiFi, air con and laundry
- Mission Beach Resort (2 nights): Stunning resort in a tropical rainforest with swimming pool, bar, shared bathrooms, Wi-Fi, air con and laundry
- Gilligan’s Hostel Cairns (4 nights): The most popular hostel in Cairns with swimming pool, ensuite, Wi-Fi, air con and laundry
8 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners are included on this trip. You’ll have to buy the rest of your meals yourself.
You’ll need to be a minimum of 18 years old to participate in this trip.
British citizens need a visa to enter Australia. Most people who do East Coast Adventure are on either a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) or Tourist Visa.
A WHV is only available to those aged 18 - 35 from the UK and is valid for up to 12 months. If you plan to work during your stay in Australia, you will need to apply for a WHV before your trip. If you’re planning to travel to Australia for leisure purposes only, you can usually get an eVisitor visa (no application charge or service fee), or an Electronic Travel Authority (no application charge but a service fee may apply). Generally, a period of up to 3 months is granted.
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay.
Please note: Visa rules are subject to change. Please check for the most up to date information before you travel.