East Coast Explorer
Semi-guided adventure on Australia's most famous stretch of coast
Book now for £49
Group Size: Max 24
Trip code: WTTA
Duration: 30 or 38 days
Want to explore Australia’s East Coast but can’t decide between the support of a group tour and the freedom of independent travel? This semi-guided trip is the best of both worlds! Spend the first 5 days of your adventure with our experienced group leader, who’ll get you off to the perfect start before you travel up the coast with your new mates. You’ll have an app-based travel guide to follow, and you’ll meet other guides on all our included activities on the way. We hit the biggest highlights of the East Coast, from chilled-out Byron Bay and the gorgeous Gold Coast to Noosa National Park, K’gari, and Cairns. With tons of included activities from boat trips and wine-tasting to a sunset kayak sesh, it’s a great way to experience the best of Queensland and New South Wales without breaking the bank. If you’ve got a Working Holiday Visa, why not bolt on our 8-day Sydney work and travel tour for an extra week of fun, including 2 days in our awesome surf camp, and job and travel sessions to set you up with everything you need to start your new life in Australia?
- Take a 60-minute flight over the jewel-like Whitsunday Islands and a boat trip to the sparkling sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Spend 3 days exploring stunning K’gari by 4WD, swimming in freshwater lakes, exploring shipwrecks, and camping under the stars
- Take a boat trip and canoe on the Noosa Everglades, one of the world’s only Everglades National Parks
- Spend a day on the one-and-only Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling with Nemo, sea turtles, and thousands of colourful tropical fish
- Top up your trip with our 8-day Sydney add-on for a week of adventures in the city, 2 days in our awesome surf camp, and a series of comprehensive job and travel sessions
This tour is semi-guided. That means you’ll have your tour guide with you in Sydney and Byron Bay to make sure your trip gets off to a perfect start, before travelling on with the new friends you’ve made. You’ll also always have a guide with you for included activities. When you’re travelling with your group on the semi-guided portion, you’ll have access to an app-based travel guide that will give you suggested activities for each destination, optional activities to book, free activities, and food and drink recommendations.
The Sydney Add On is great for those looking to experience more of Sydney, but we can also include a year's worth of job support and help getting set up in Australia for those who want to live and work in this amazing country on a working holiday!
As the Sydney & Jervis Bay Adventure ends on a Sunday and the East Coast tour doesn't start until Monday, if you select the option to include Sydney, we will include the extra night in between the trips, so you will not need to arrange this yourself.
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
Online booking is unavailable for this tripOnline booking isn't currently available but if you'd like to enquire please use the form below. Alternatively if you'd like to discuss alternate trips or if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Most expensive: £1,361 July, 2024
Whether you’re kicking off with the Sydney add on or heading straight up the East Coast, this trip starts in Sydney. Fly into Sydney International Airport (SYD). If you’ve chosen to kick off with the Sydney add on, you’ll be met by one of the team members and transferred to our city-centre hostel. If you’ve skipped that part, you’ll need to make your own way to the city centre ready for your meet and greet session.
This trip includes all accommodation. You’ll stay in multi-share rooms (mixed sex) with a maximum of 8 beds in some of Australia’s best hostels as well as spend some nights in seriously special stays, including an amazing lakeside wildlife retreat and two nights camping under the stars on K’gari:
- 22 nights in dorm style rooms in hostels
- 2 nights in a wildlife retreat in Noosa
- 2 nights camping on K’gari
- 2 nights’ dorm accommodation on Magnetic Island
- 2 nights on overnight buses
If you choose our Sydney add-on, you’ll also have 6 nights in one of Sydney’s most central hostels, and 1 night in our awesome surf camp. We also include 1 post night accommodation in the Sydney hostel between your Sydney add-on and the 30 day East Coast tour.
If you’d like to book any pre or post-trip accommodation, speak to your travel advisor. Also, if you wish to stay in a same-sex dorm, please contact your travel advisor. Let us know if you’re travelling with a partner or friend and we can make sure you’re placed together.
3 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 5 dinners are included on this trip. You’ll need to buy the rest of your meals yourself but there are food and drink discounts and specials for every destination.
If you choose the 8 day Sydney add on, you’ll get 1 breakfast, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners as well.
Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements.
This trip is designed for those aged between 18-35 years old.
British citizens can usually get an eVisitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), which allows you to visit Australia as often as you wish within a 12-month period, and to stay up to 3 months each time.
If you plan to work while you’re in Australia you’ll need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. To be eligible for a visa, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a passport issued by an eligible country or region
- Be aged 18-35 (inclusive) at the time of applying
- Not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
- Meet health, character and financial requirements
- Have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (unless applying for a second visa)
- Be outside Australia when you apply and when visa is granted
- Apply within 12 months of intended travel to Australia.
- Have sufficient funds to cover your expected living/trip costs during your stay
- Have funds for a return or onward ticket to depart Australia (or an actual ticket)
- Have health insurance
You’ll need to apply for Medicare once you are in Australia and in order to do this, please ensure that you can provide TWO forms of ID (e.g. passport, driving licence, birth certificate.)
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay.
Please note: Visa rules are subject to change. You should check with the relevant embassies before travelling.