The Global 360
Our multi-stop round the world adventure!
Book now for £500
See all reviews
Group Size: Varies
Trip code: G360
Duration: Up to 12 months or longer
Welcome to our most popular around-the-world trip: The Global 360! We have come up with an incredible Global 360 package, which includes our most popular destinations and amazing activities in an epic world tour:
Thailand - Bali - Australia - New Zealand - USA
Choose the above suggested Global 360 package or tailor-make this global trip to suit you, adding in or subtracting tours to create your own ideal itinerary. You will be allocated an experienced Travel Advisor who will help you organise your dream trip exactly to your specifications. The Global 360 offers a round-the-world odyssey bursting with the planet’s best and most breathtaking experiences – don’t miss out, plan your ideal Global 360 gap adventure today!
- Soak up some Asian culture on a Thai Adventure; experience Bangkok, Chiang Mai, an Elephant Home, plus party and soak up the sun on Thailand’s idyllic islands
- Discover beautiful Bali on an action-packed 12 day tour!
- Have a week of fun in Sydney and Beach Camp and then earn money on a paid work programme in Australia. 12 months inclusive job support so you can work and travel when you like!
- Soak up stunning scenery and make friends with the New Zealand Kiwi Discovery Pass, valid for 12 months!
- Explore some of America’s finest and most famous destinations, and hit the open road on an awesome roadtrip!
The Global 360: Thai Adventure + Bali Intro (Indonesia) + Absolute Oz Jobs (Australia) + Kiwi Discovery Pass (New Zealand) + Canyon, Coast and Casinos (USA)
You can choose the above suggested around-the-world package, or you can design your own Global 360 by adding in or taking out any combination of these packages, or any of our other gap travel programmes.
Countries Visited: Thailand, Bali, Australia, New Zealand, USA
Experiences include: Adventure, tours, hop-on-hop-off bus passes, paid work
Thai Adventure (25 days)
Enjoy 25 days of group exploration with an expert tour guide, immersed in the fascinating culture and beauty of Thailand. Uncover hidden city treasures in Bangkok, visit temples, explore National Parks, go adventure trekking, meet elephants, and laze on sun-drenched sands on idyllic islands. This experience is designed to show you all the sides of Thailand’s personality and is the ideal way to meet new people in amazing Asia.
Our travellers on this programme get access to a buddy list, so you can connect with other travellers going on the same trip and start to make friends before you go. Plus, all your accommodation and travel are included! Brilliant!
- Week 1: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Elephant Project & Hill Trekking
Kick off in vibrant Bangkok. Enjoy boat tours, temple visits and banging nights out. Travel to Chiang Mai overnight where you’ll take part in a cookery course, and spend time in an amazing elephant camp, helping to feed, bathe and care for the animals. Round off with a hike through the northern foothills, including bamboo rafting and a night in a rustic retreat.
- Week 2: Koh Phi Phi, Mangrove Kayak Trip, Island Boat Tour & Khao Sok National Park
Fly to the glorious South, where we’ll spend 4 nights on beautiful Phi Phi. Chillax on the beach, party under the stars, and discover the surrounding islands on an epic boat trip. Transfer to Ao Nang where you’ll join a street food crawl, kayak through mangrove forests, and cruise to the paradise islands of Hong and Poda. Then head inland to the spectacular Khao Sok National Park where you’ll stay on the lake in a float-house!
- Week 3: Koh Samui, Ang Thong Marine Park, & Koh Phangan
It’s back to the beach life with 3 nights on lovely Koh Samui. Bronze your bod, splash about in the sea and go ‘out out’ in Chaweng! Spend a blissful day kayaking and snorkelling in Ang Thong Marine Park, before cruising to the legendary party island of Ko Phangan. Beach, sleep, party, repeat!
- Week 4: Koh Tao & Bangkok
Soak up the sun on Koh Tao for the next few days where you might opt to enjoy some of the world class diving. We’ll take a boat trip to the best snorkelling and kayaking spots as well as the stunning island of Koh Nang Yuan, before travelling back to good old Bangkok for a last night out before the Thai leg of your adventure comes to an end.
If you want to incorporate some more independent travel time in Thailand, you can. Please discuss time frames with your travel advisor who will help create your itinerary according to your ideal plans. If you stay longer than 30 days in Thailand you will need to get a 60 day tourist visa in place before you travel.
Bali Intro (12 days)
- Day 1: Arrive in Denpasar, Bali. Airport pickup. Meet the rest of your group at your guesthouse.
- Day 2: Temples & Sunsets. Temples, beach visits and a night out.
- Day 3: Learn to Surf. Learn how to surf in one of the world’s most exciting surfing destinations.
- Day 4: Temples, Waterfalls & Rice Paddies. Visit amazing ancient temples and hand-feed wild monkeys. Stop to swim at an incredible waterfall, before arriving in the spectacular mountain surroundings of Lovina.
- Day 5: Dolphins & Culture. Traditional outrigger boat excursion. Enjoy dolphin-spotting. Visit a local homestay for some Balinese basket weaving and lunch with your hosts.
- Day 6: Travel to the Gorgeous Gili Islands. Visit the idyllic island of Gili Trawangan.
- Day 7: Gili Island Bike Tour. Explore the island by bike.
- Day 8: Snorkelling Boat Trip, Group Dinner & Party Night. Take a boat tour around all three gorgeous Gili Islands today. Tuck in to a delicious group dinner and party in paradise!
- Day 9: Travel on to Ubud. Jump on a ferry bound for Ubud and prepare for the next stage of the adventure!
- Day 10: Monkey Forest. Explore Monkey Forest, an incredible temple which is home to hundreds of mischievous wild monkeys.
- Day 11: Sunrise Volcano Trek & Massage. Sunrise volcano trek, including breakfast cooked using the natural heat from the Volcano. Return to Ubud for an inclusive massage.
- Day 12: Bali Intro Ends. Your amazing Bali Intro ends today in Ubud. Travel on to Australia for the next stage of your adventure!
Absolute Oz Jobs, Australia (8 Days)
- Day 1, Sunday - Arrive in Sydney.
- Day 2, Monday - Sydney walking tour and welcome dinner.
- Day 3, Tuesday - Sydney. 9.15am orientation. Sydney Harbour boat cruise and walk to Darling Harbour.
- Day 4, Wednesday - Day 6, Friday - 2-night Beach Camp adventure. See the rainforest and wildlife, go swimming & dolphin spotting, try night-time possum spotting, go on a 4x4 tour of the sand dunes, go sandboarding, learn about Aboriginal cultures, take a bushwalk through Tomaree National Park and go on a bottlenose dolphin-spotting boat cruise.
- Day 7: Party Night. Free day to relax and plan onward travel. 7.30p.m: Enjoy entry to four city bars and clubs (plus 4 inclusive drinks!). Hop on a party bus and explore the streets in style!
- Day 8: Bondi to Coogee Beach Tour. Check out some gorgeous coastlines on a cliff-top walk (tour leaves at 10am). Intro week ends this afternoon in Sydney.
At this point you will be eligible and prepared to take on paid work in Australia with 12 months job support from the Sydney jobs team and access to an exclusive jobs database. We recommend you allow around 6-7 months if you want to do paid work.
Kiwi Discovery Pass, New Zealand (Minimum 30 days, pass valid for 12 months)
Valid for 12 months, your bus pass allows you to spend up to a year exploring New Zealand, or if you prefer you can complete the entire tour route in a minimum of 30 days (although we recommend you allow around 38 days to make the most of your travel pass experience).
You should arrange your arrival into Auckland the day before the tour begins, as there is an early start in the morning!
- Auckland to Paihia, Bay of Islands. Your flexible, hop-on-hop-off tour begins today at 7am in the lively city of Auckland. Your destination is the relaxing seaside town of Paihia, known as the ‘gateway to the Bay of Islands’. Visit Parry Kauri Forest Park.
- Paihia to Cape Reinga and Back. Stop off at Te Paki Stream to try some inclusive dune surfing and sandboarding, before arriving at Cape Reinga. Please note: Today is a round day trip from Paihia and you cannot hop off the bus today.
- Paihia to Auckland. Today is a free day to relax and enjoy Paihia at your leisure. Join a boat cruise, sign up to swim with dolphins, laze on the beach or hike to the famous Harura Falls. In the afternoon, the bus will take you back to the bright lights of Auckland.
- Auckland to Hahei. Travel south to the stunning Coromandel Peninsula and settle into your beachfront accommodation. Head over to Hot Water Beach to dig and relax in your own personal hot water pool! (weather & tide dependent)
- Hahei. Free day to relax and soak up the beautiful surroundings and awesome optional activities of Hahei.
- Hahei to Rotorua. Journey through the rolling hills of the Waikato region. Optional activities include visiting The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton set. Free day to relax and explore in geothermal Rotorua.
- Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua. Maori guided tour, activities, meals and stay at Lake Aniwhenua (optional: extra cost of NZD89). Optional activities include: traditional fishing, eeling, weaving lessons, cooking classes and kayaking (cost NZD10-20).
- Lake Aniwhenua (via Taupo) to Whakahoro. See the stunning Huka Falls then visit Lake Taupo. Optional skydiving (approx NZD250). Rural country farm visit and overnight stay.
- Whakahoro. Explore the countryside around the rural country farm. Optional activities include a 4x4 tour, a horse trek or kayaking.
- Whakahoro to Raetihi. Explore the Tongariro National Park. Option to do legendary 1-day Tongariro Crossing Alpine Walk (extra cost). Stay overnight at a historic Nurses’ Home in Raetihi.
- Raetihi to Wellington. Travel to Wellington. Free time to explore New Zealand’s capital city.
- Wellington to Marahau (Abel Tasman National Park). 8am ferry to South Island (extra cost of approx. NZD55). Visit to Marlborough wine-making region (optional wine tasting). Final destination of the day is Marahau, on the edge of Abel Tasman National Park.
- Marahau (Abel Tasman National Park). Explore Abel Tasman National Park. Optional activities on offer include sailing, kayaking, skydiving, stand up paddleboarding or hang gliding. All optional activities are at an extra cost.
- Marahau to Franz Josef. Journey along the rugged west coast. See the seal colony at Cape Foulwind and the unusual Punakaiki Pancake Rocks with their impressive blowholes. Stop off at the mining town of Greymouth and Hokitika en route to Franz Josef.
- Franz Josef. Free day to explore the area around the fantastic Franz Josef Glacier. Join a guided bush hike, or enjoy a heli-hop and tour of the unique icy area, including entry to hot pools (extra cost of NZD250).
- Franz Josef to Wanaka. See Lake Matheson, travel through Haast Pass and Makarora, see Lake Hawea then end up in Wanaka in the late afternoon.
- Wanaka to Queenstown. Early walk up Mount Iron or skydive (skydive extra cost). On to Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world! Spend 2 unforgettable nights here.
- Queenstown to Gunn’s Camp. Start early for a scenic drive past Lake Wakatipu, before arriving in magical Milford Sound. Opt to do a Milford Sound boat cruise (extra cost) before travelling on to Gunn’s Camp.
- Gunn’s Camp to Invercargill/Stewart Island. Take a leisurely stroll through beautiful beech forests on a Viewing Gantry walk. Travel South to Invercargill. Hop across to Stewart Island (ferry at own cost) or stay in Invercargill overnight instead.
- Invercargill/Stewart Island to Queenstown. If you stayed on Stewart Island, enjoy a free morning before travelling back to the mainland (ferry at own cost). If you chose to stay in Invercargill overnight, you’ll head out on a tour sea-lion, penguin and dolphin spotting. Travel back to Queenstown.
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook. Arrive at the base of New Zealand’s highest mountain Aoraki/ Mt Cook in the early afternoon. Take a short walk, join a 4WD tour or visit the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre.
- Mount Cook to Rangitata (via Tekapo). Journey through ‘Lord of the Rings country’ and stop off at the sparkling waters of Lake Tekapo. Take an optional hike up to Mt John observatory for a killer view. Tonight, stay in an original sheep station in Rangitata Peel Forest.
- Rangitata to Christchurch. Optional white water rafting or horse riding this morning. Spend the night in the wonderful city of Christchurch.
- Christchurch to Kaikoura. Journey up the beautiful east coast to Kaikoura. Spot seals, soak up the spectacular views, swim with dolphins or go whale-spotting (seasonal).
- Kaikoura (via Picton) to Wellington. Travel along the wild coast, stopping at a seal colony en route to Picton. You can choose to stop off here, or catch a ferry (extra cost of NZD51-75) across the Cook Strait to Wellington.
- Wellington to Auckland. Leaving at 6.40am, you’ll zip back to your starting point in Auckland today, arriving in the late afternoon. Here your epic hop-on-hop-off adventures come to an end!
Don’t forget, you can hop on and off along the route for up to a year! We will book the pass for you as open dated, so you can decide the date that you want to start the pass- please download the trip notes for more details.
Canyon, Coast & Casinos, USA (14 days)
- Day 1-2: Los Angeles/San Diego. Tour of Hollywood. Free time in San Diego.
- Day 3: Colorado River. Drive through the Mojave Desert. Camp near the Colorado River.
- Day 4-5: Lake Havasu & Grand Canyon. Swing by Lake Havasu. Sunrise or sunset by the Grand Canyon.
- Day 6-7: Las Vegas. Included party ride experience.
- Day 8: Death Valley. Discover impressive Death Valley.
- Day 9-10: Yosemite National Park. Hike the gorgeous trails of Yosemite.
- Day 11-12: San Francisco. Tour the cool city streets of this awesome city.
- Day 13: Pacific Coast. Drive back down the coast towards L.A.
- Day 14: Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. Return to L.A. via beachy Santa Barbara.
Please note: this USA tour does not operate over the winter months. Please speak to a travel advisor for an alternative tour option in America during this time.
Programmes on this trip are all subject to change and availability.
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
Thai Adventure: Fly in to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Bangkok on day 1 of your Thai Adventure. An airport transfer to your hostel is included.
Bali Intro: Arrive into Denpasar Airport on day 1 (airport transfer included). You can arrive in advance of the start date and still take up the inclusive transfer if you book extra night's accommodation through us. If you wish to arrive before the start date then please let us know this in advance.
The Bali Intro ends in Ubud on day 12. A return airport transfer is not included but your guide can help arrange this. A transfer by minivan takes around 1.5 hours. We recommend you do not book an onward flight until around 1pm on day 12.
Absolute Oz, Australia: This jobs programme begins on a Sunday. You will be booked on a shuttle bus from Sydney airport which drops you off close to your hostel.
Kiwi Discovery, New Zealand: Trip begins early (7am) so you need to arrive in Auckland the day before (accommodation at own cost). Tour ends back in Auckland.
Canyon, Coast & Casinos, USA: The tour starts and ends in Los Angeles. You may wish to arrive a day early due to the tour's early start.
Other arrival locations and dates will vary depending on your individual Global 360 programme. Your travel advisor will help plan your individual itinerary, and you can either opt to book all your fixed start dates for each stage of your 360 journey in advance, or you can opt to leave your start dates open ended to allow for individual travel time.
Please note that due to the flexible nature of this round-the-world trip there may be some extra days in-between each stage or scheduled programme of this Global 360. On these days accommodation will not be included, and will be at your own cost. Your specialist travel advisor can assist you with booking extra nights in your desired locations to fit in with your individual itinerary.
24 nights’ of dorm accommodation is included. Meals are not included, except lunch at the Elephant Home and meals on the Hill Trek, so you will need to bring a little extra money to cover your costs. You can expect to pay about £3-5 for an average meal.
11 nights’ accommodation is included. The accommodation is of a high standard, with incredible swimming pools, private bathrooms, air conditioning and hot water. 3 nights are spent in a hotel in Canggu, 2 nights are spent in a hostel with spectacular mountain views and a pool in Lovina, 3 nights are spent in a hotel on the idyllic island of Gili Trawangan and 3 nights in a hotel in the town of Ubud.
2 of the nights will be in multi-share, mixed dorm accommodation, with rooms sleeping 4-7 people. The rest of the nights will be twin or double share. Free Wi-Fi is available in every location. 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners are included.
If you wish to book extra nights of accommodation in Canggu before you arrive, we can book this for you at an extra cost. Please contact us for more details.
8 nights’ accommodation is included in shared dorm rooms, in a popular city central hostel for nights 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 and on a beach base camp on nights 3 and 4. Some meals are included, which include a welcome dinner and drink, all meals at beach camp, entry to 4 bars and a drink in each bar!
While you are working in Australia the most popular option is to rent an apartment and you can expect to pay £100-£150 per week. Alternatively you can extend your stay in a hostel and you can expect to pay around £140-£175 per week. Our team in Sydney will be more than happy to help you organise accommodation.
Kiwi Discovery Pass
Accommodation and meals are not included as part of this New Zealand hop-on-hop-off bus tour. Each stop offers unique accommodation options (approx NZD25-30 for a dorm room and NZD60-80 for a twin or double room). You’ll be guaranteed one night’s accommodation in each overnight stop if you want it. Your guide/driver can book it for you, and you pay as you go. If you wish to choose your own accommodation or stay longer in any of the locations along the route your guide can help with booking.
Canyon, Coast & Casinos
13 nights of accommodation are included on this tour. 9 nights will be spent in twin share same-sex tents on American campsites. 2 nights will be spent in hotels and 2 nights will be spent in hostels. Meals are not included in the price. You will contribute USD10 a day to a group food kitty to cover meals while camping. All cooking equipment will be provided and you will take turns in preparing and cooking food around the campfire. In the cities you may wish to eat out in a local restaurant so please bring extra funds to cover these special nights out.
The minimum age to join our trips is 18. Please note the legal drinking age is 21 in USA, if you are between 18-21 you are still able to join the trip, however you will not be permitted into pubs, bars or casinos.
Though Visas are your responsibility to obtain, our Gap 360 travel advisors will be here to help and assist with any relevant visas you may need.
Thailand: British nationals arriving by air can remain in the country for a maximum of 30 days. If you wish to stay for longer then you will need to apply for a 60 day tourist visa before you depart the UK.
Australia: Due to Working Holiday Visa age restrictions, trips which involve working in Australia are only available to 18-30 year olds. If you are of this age and are planning to work in Australia during your trip then you’ll need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. This can be done online through the Australian Immigration website, or we can help to do this for you. If you do not fit this age criteria then you will still be able to visit Australia, (and will still need a visa) but will be unable to undertake paid work. Please contact us for further details.
Bali: A 30-day tourist visa is available for free on arrival in Bali. The visa situation in Indonesia is frequently changing.
New Zealand: UK citizens can stay in the country for up to six months as tourists. If you are planning on working at all during your time in New Zealand, you will need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa (available to 18-30 year olds) and can do this by visiting the New Zealand Immigration website.
Visitors who are transitting through or entering New Zealand as tourists will need to hold an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) before travelling to New Zealand. Tourists will also need to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) alongside the ETA. People entering New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa do not require an ETA.
USA: British Nationals visiting the USA will be able to travel (for tourism purposes) under the US Visa Waiver Programme for durations of up to 90 days. All travellers going to the United States will have to complete the ESTA form online for authorisation under the Visa Waiver Programme. Details on how to apply for this will be given to you once you have booked. If you intend to stay for longer than 90 days, plan to work, have ever been arrested or hold any criminal convictions however, you will need to apply for a visa.
Please note: Visa rules and regulations are subject to change. Please check individual embassy websites for up to date visa information.